Doctor of Sciences (Philology), Professor
- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11
- Doctor of Sciences (Philology) (the theme “Pahlavi Zoroastrian Literature. Typological Analysis”), 1998.
- 1968-1974. Leningrad State University, Faculty of Oriental Studies, Department of Iranian Philology.
- 1974-1977. Leningrad Branch of the Institute of Oriental Studies, USSR Academy of Sciences, Graduate School, Candidate of Sciences (History) (supervisor Doctor of Historical Sciences A.G. Perikhanian).
- September 2014. Internship in Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Science and Humanities, Turfan Studies (supervisor Prof. D. Durkin-Meisterernst).
Sphere of scientific interests:
- Iranian historical linguistics
- Middle Persian (Pahlavi) language and literature
- Middle Persian (Manichaean), Parthian, Sogdian
- Manichaean literature
Publications: more than 50, including monographs 7, tutorials 3
- Theoretical and historical grammar of Persian
- Middle Persian
- Old Persian