- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11
- +7 (812) 328-7732
- Russian (native),
- Malay/ Indonesian (fluent),
- German (reading, basic conversation),
- French (reading)
- 1961-1965: PhD Programme in Asian and African Languages, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU. PhD Thesis: “Causative verbs and syntactic paradygms in Indonesian” (1973, supervisor Prof. Aleksandr A. Kholodovich).
- 1978-1979: Malaysian Philology, Universiti Malaya, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. Dr.Sc (Lit.) dissertation: Malayo-Javanic languages, their structure and evolution (1988).
- 2010: Professor, Department of theory and teaching methods in Asia-Africa languages and culture, SPbSU.
- 1994: Professor, Department of Chinese and Southeast Asian Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU.
- 1974: Associate Professor, Department of Chinese and Southeast Asian Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU.
- 1966: Lecturer, Department of Chinese Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU.
Awards and honours
- Honour certificate, Ministry of Education, Russian Federation, USSR (1988, for the monograph on the Madurese language)
- 2-nd University award, SPbSU (1997, for the monograph on collocation of the Malayo-Javanese language group)
Professional and social activities:
- Board Member, the European Association for Southeast Asian Studies (Euroseas, 1994-1995)
- Board Member, The Nusantara Society (Moscow and Saint Petersburg, 1992 – present)
- Member, Cooperation and Friendship Society of Russia with Indonesia (Moscow, since 2006)
- Visiting Researcher, Nordic Institute for Asian Studies, Kopenhavn, Denmark, 1995
- Idem, International Institute of Asian Studies, Leiden, the Netherlands, 2005
- Chairman, editor, North-Western International (Finnish-Russian) Academic Session, St Petersburg, 1998
- Idem, International session on philology of Nusantara countries, St Petersburg, 2003
- Languages of Western Indonesia and Malaysia,
- Linguistic Typology
- Introduction to Malay-Indonesian philology
- Indonesian and Malaysian (text reading)
- Javanese Old and New (grammar, text reading)
- Malay dialectology
- Arabic script and loan-words in Malay
- Austronesian languages survey
- Linguistic typology and comparative philology
- Habib Zarbaliev. Austronesian Numerals (numeration systems), 1985.
- Vadim Atnashev. Literature of Chams in Vietnam as reflection of their religious views. 2001.
- Svetlana Kramarova. Indonesian syntactic constructions pertaining to conditioning semantics, 2002
- Evgenia Romanova. Indonesian poetry of 1920s, 2009.
Publications: 270, including 4 monographs, some minor text-books, a large Russian-Indonesian dictionary (co-author) and several fiction and verse translations from Indonesian.
- The Madurese language and linguistic typology (in Russian). St Petersburg University Publ., 1986. 200 pp.
- Aspects of diachronic typology of Malayo-Javanic languages (in Russian). Moscow: “Novoe tysiacheletie”, 1996. 192 pp; 2-nd ed. Moscow: Librocom, 2009.
- Grammar of standard Indonesian (in Russian). St Petersburg University Publ., 2008. 440 pp.
- Willem van der Molen. Twelve centuries Javanese literature (in Russian). Transl. from Dutch, introd., notes, references by A. Ogloblin. St Petersburg University Publ., 2016. 231 pp.
Articles, chapters in collective monographs:
- Indonesian philology in Russia // Indonesian observer (Jakarta), 3 Febr. 2000.
- The Old Javanese word DE // Chandra L. (ed.) Society and culture of Southeast Asia. Continuities and changes. (Sata-pitaka series, 395). New Delhi, 2000. Pp. 179-190.
- Imperative constructions in Javanese // Xrakovskij V. S. (ed.) Typology of imperative constructions. Muenchen: Lincom Europa, 2001. Pp. 221-242.
- Letters from Nusantara in the Dorn collection (the Archive of the Russian Academy of Sciences, St.Petersburg) – Parnickel B. B. (ed.) Malajsko-indonezijskie issledovanija XV. Nusantara Society, Asia and Pacific Museum. Мoscow, 2002. Pp. 43-71.
- Boris Borisovich Parnickel (8.11.1934 - 13.03.2004) – Archipel. 2004. T. 68. Pp. 3-11.
- Conditional constructions in Indonesian – Xrakovsky V. (ed.). Typology of conditional constructions. Muenchen: LINCOM EUROPA, 2005. Pp. 462-488.
- Javanese – Adelaar A., Himmelmann N.P. (eds). Austronesian languages of Asia and Madagaskar. London: Routledge, 2005. Pp. 590-624.
- Nouns, imperative and irrealis in Old Javanese – IIAS Newsletter. June 2005. No 37, p. 16.
- (Co-author Elena V. Revounenkova) Manuskrip Nusantara di Saint Petersburg: Tambahan Data // Sari. 2007. 25. Pp. 129-145.
- (Co-author P. Nedjalkov) Reciprocal constructions in Indonesian – Nedjalkov V. P. ed. Reciprocal constructions. Amsterdam etc. : Benjamin, 2007. Vol. 3. Pp. 1437-1479.
- In search of Middle Javanese – in Lander Yu., A. Ogloblin (eds). Language and text in Austronesian world. Studies in honour of Ülo Sirk . Muenchen: Lincom Europa, 2008. Pp. 31–45.
- (Co-author Yu. Lander) On Ülo Sirk and his work – Ibidem. Pp. 1-7 (with Sirk’s bibliography).
- Structure and message in Indonesian short stories // Serebryakov E. A., Chen Suhe (eds). Issues of Far Eastern literatures. 3rd Internatonal scientific conference, June 24-28, 2008. Vol St Petersburg University. Pp. 324–331.
- Ideologi dan Kesusastraan Soviet dalam terjemahan Indonesia // Chambert-Loir H. (ed.) Sadur: Terjemahan di Indonesia dan Malaysia. Jakarta: Gramedia, 2009. Pp. 691-701.
- On the voice conformity in West Austronesian domain // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo unversiteta, Ser. 13. 2011, No. 1. Pp. 111-121.