Dr. Sc. (philology), Prof.
- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11
- +7 (812) 328-77-32
- 1957-1962: Undergraduate Program in Burmese Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, St.Petersburg University, Specialist Diploma.
- 1962–1969: Assistant Professor, Department of Chinese Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU.
- 1969: PhD in Philology (Noun Auxiliaries In Burmese).
- 1969–1990: Associate Professor, Department of Chinese Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU.
- 1990: DSc.(Philology), (Phonological Problems of Old Burmese).
- 1990-2011: Professor, Department of Chinese Philology, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU.
- 2011: Present day Head, Department of Philology of Southeast Asia, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU.
- Merited person in Higher Education (1999), Honored Professor of SPbSU (2016).
- Historical Phonology of Burmese,
- Burmese Grammar,
- Burmese Lexicology,
- Epigraphica Birmanica.
- All aspects of the Burmese Language,
- History of Burmese Literature,
- History of Burmese,
- Theoretical grammar of Burmese,
- Pali-Burmese Texts in Myanmar,
- Old Burmese
Publications. Over 70 publications ( mainly in Russian). Among those published in English are:
- Notes on the evolution of the Burmese phonological system // Medieval Tibeto-Burman Languages, Brill, 2006/
- On the two cases of Mon-Burmese interference // Discovery of Ramanya Desa. History, Identity, Culture, Language. Babgkok, 2007 (Proceedings of the conference).
- Aspiration in the Burmese Phonological System: a diachronic account // Medieval Tibeto-Burman Languages. Brill, 2012.
- Predictability of Phonological Changes in Burmese // Archiv Orientalni, 83 (2015) #1, Prague.
- Prolegomena to the problem of the so-called ‘word-sets’ in Burmese // Acta Linguistica Petropolitana (Труды Института лингвистических исследований) vol. XII, part I. St. Petersburg: Nauka, 2016
- Mon and Pali influence on Burmese: how essential was it? // Proceedings of the International conference "Myanmar: tradition and modernity". Berlin, 1994.
- On Pali-Burmese Interference // Medieval Tibeto-Burman Languages. Brill, Leiden, 2002.
- Western Political Terminology vs Burmese Mentality // Language, Power and Identity in Asia (Book of Abstracts). Leiden, 2016.
- Sources of written Burmese – AC and related questions in Burmese historical phonology // Journal of the Southeast Asian Linguistics Society, vol. 201.2 (2017), University of Hawai’i Press.
- Also a monograph in Russian «Вопросы фонологии древнебирманского языка» (Phonological issues of Old Burmese). Moscow: Nauka, 1990.