Bonch-osmolovskaya Olga A,
PhD in History
- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11
- Since 2021: Lecturer, Department for Theory and Methods of Training in Languages and Cultures of Asia and Africa, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, SPbSU.
- Since 2019: Research Fellow, Department of Far Eastern Studies, Institute of Oriental Manuscripts of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Since 2019: Senior lecturer, Department of Oriental Studies, Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia.
- Since 2021: Senior lecturer, Department of Asian and African Studies, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Russian Christian Academy for the Humanities. Saint-Petersburg, Russia. June, 2014: awarded Specialist Diploma with Honors. 2009-2014.
- Institute of Oriental Manuscripts of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Saint-Petersburg. Specialization 07.00.09 — Historiography, source study and historical research methods. 2014-2019. July, 2021: awarded Ph.D in History. Thesis title: «Confucian Exegetics in Ancient and Early edieval China: Towards a Historical Typology of Confucian Commentary» (Scientific advisor: Corr. Member of RAS, Professor Irina F. Popova).
- Nankai University. Department of Literature. CIS Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship. Tianjin, China. Sep 2017 - Jul 2019.
- EACS/CCKF library travel grant. Oxford University, Feb-Mar 2017;
- MOFA Japan scholarship. Tokyo University (東京大学). Akita International University (国際教養大学), 2012;
- Jiang Jianguo Foundation travel grant: Lecture series “Narrating the state” by Prof. Hsu Hui-Lin (National Taiwan University), October 8 - 12, 2012. Summer school in International Sinological Center at Charles University, Prague;
- Jiang Jianguo Foundation travel grant: Lecture series “Reading Chinese Poetry in Comparative Perspective” by Prof. Cheng Yu-yu (National Taiwan University), September 26 – 30, 2011. Summer school in International Sinological Center at Charles University, Prague;
- Confucius Institute scholarship. Capital Normal University (首都师范大学), 2011.
- Intellectual history of ancient and medieval China (pre-Han through Song)
- Confucian exegesis (jingxue 經學)
- Typological studies on traditional commentaries
- Chinese traditional historiography and philosophy of history
- History of Confucian philosophical thought
- Theory of genre
- Semiotics, textual semantics
- Chinese and Japanese literary criticism
- Ancient Chinese language, Classical Chinese grammar
- Paleography, history of hieroglyphic writing, cursive scripts
Publications: 11, including:
Monographs and chapters in collective monographs
- Mii Michirō. Record of things heard while visiting Russia. Spasskoe delo Publishing House, 2020. 185 p. (訪露紀聞 三井道郎／著 、オリガ・ア.・ボンチ-オスモロフスカヤ／訳. Translation from Japanese, study, commentary by Olga A. Bonch-Osmolovskaya) ISBN 978-5-6042204-8-1 (In Russian and Japanese)
- “Renowned officials, philosophers and literati of Song dynasty”, Chapter in History of China from Ancient Times to the Beginning of the XXI Century in 10 vols, Vol. 4: Period of Five Dynasties, Song, Liao, Jin, Xi Xia (2016): 767-802. (In Russian)
Papers (Peer Reviewed Articles)
- The Crisis of Han Classical Scholarship and Exegetical Trends in the Kingdom of Wei. China: society and culture. 2021; 1 (1): 47–58.
- Confucian Exegetical Thought in the Southern Dynasties Period (420–589): Canonical Texts and Commentaries between Decline and Restoration. Vestnik of Saint Petersburg University. Asian and African Studies, 2021, vol. 13, issue 3, pp. 351–367. https://doi.org/10.21638/spbu13.2021.304 (In Russian)
- “Confucian Classical Studies in the Sui Period and the Fate of the Northern Exegetical School (4th century AD – beginning of the 7th century AD)”. Vostok (Oriens) 1 (2021): 106–117. DOI: 10.31857/S086919080013506-3 (In Russian)
- Confucian commentary in the Han period”. Scientific notes of the Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky, 2020. Pp. 17–32. (In Russian)
- “Idea of «perception of external things» in Chinese philosophy and culture: formation of the concept”. Scientific notes of the Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky, Vol. 3 (69), № 2, 2017. 3-17 pp. (In Russian)
- “The «perception of external things» (感物 gan wu) concept in context of Chinese music and literary theories” Scientific notes of the Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky, Vol. 3 (69), № 1, 2017. 3-17 pp. (In Russian)
- “The "Classic of Poetry" in the Confucian argumentative discourse”. Journal of Novosibirsk State University 4 (2016): 73-79. (In Russian)
- “Contemporary problems of comprehensive analysis of the Shi jing”. Journal of Saint-Petersburg State University of Culture and Arts 2/23 (2015): 60-63. (In Russian)
- Culture of Society and Semantics of Text.
- Religion and Language as Components of the Buddhist Worldview.
- Practicum in Reading Texts from the Collections of the Institute of Oriental Manuscripts of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Chinese).