- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11, Office 20.
- Russian (native),
- Swahili (reading),
- English (fluent),
- German (reading)
- 1970-1975: student of the Leningrad University, Oriental Department, African Studies.
- 1983: Dissertation (PhD): "Transformation of Traditional Power and Government in Colonial Societies of Eastern Africa".
- 1993: Doctor dissertation "Power. Traditions. Government. An Attempt of Ethno-Historical Analysis of the Political Cultures of Contemporary Sub-Saharian Africa”.
- 1976–1996: Leading researcher of the Museum-Institute named after Peter the Great (Kunstkamera), Department of African Studies, Russian Academy of Science.
- 1996–2007: Professor of the Department of Cultural Anthropology, Faculty of Sociology, St. Petersburg State University.
- 2007: till nowadays Professor of the Department of Theory of Social Development of Asia and Africa, Faculty of Oriental Studies, St. Petersburg State University.
- Cultural Anthropology,
- Political Anthropology,
- Anthropology of Law,
- Anthropology of Age,
- Political Science.
- Cultural Anthropology
- Political Anthropology
- Anthropology of Law
- Political Science: Theories and Methodology
- Political Processes in the modern East
- Introduction to Asian and African Studies
- Concepts of Modern Oriental Studies
- Alekseev Il’ya. Sociology of the Leningrad rock music (2000-2001, degree obtained in 2002).
- Ryabikin Aleksandr. Traditional Legal Culture in the Land Relation on the Example of the Leningrad Region) (2003-2005, degree obtained in 2006).
- Zabolotskih Maksim. The intelligentsia of Ethiopia in the early twentieth century (2009-2011, degree obtained in 2012).
- Gegamyan Varujan. Social-Cultural Dynamics in Turkey in the Presidency of I. Inenyu (2014-2016, degree obtained in 2017).
- Yafarova Zaura. The History and Culture in Turkish Publicity on Materials of the Journal "HAYAT" (1926-1929) (2015-2017)
- Tambieva Natal’ya. Islamic feminism (2017-2019).
Publications: more than 100, including 7 monographs:
- "Power. Traditions. Government. An Attempt of Ethno-Historical Analysis of the Political Cultures of Contemporary Sub-Saharian Africa”. M., Nauka, 1992, 295 p. (in Russian)
- Anthropology of Age, St. Petersburg State University, 2000, 192 p. (in Russian)
- Potestarnost: Genesis and Evolution, SPb., 1997, 214 p. (in Russian)
- Unwritten Law. Anthropology of Law, SPb., 2013, 328. p. (in Russian)
- Anthropology of Law: articles, researches, St. Petersburg State University, 2013, 340 p. (in Russian)
- Introduction to Asian and African Studies, SPb., 2011, 583 p. (in Russian)
- Concepts of Modern Oriental Studies SPb., 2013, 463 p. (in Russian)
Editor-in-chief and participant of 4 collections of articles (In Russian):
- Ethnic aspects of Power, St. Petersburg Univ., 1995, 187 p.
- Anthropology of Violence, St. Petersburg, Nauka, 2001, 310 p.
- Anthropology of Power: Power in anthropological discourse. V.I., St. Petersburg Univ., 2006, 490 p.
- Anthropology of Power: Political Processes and political culture. V.II., St. Petersburg Univ., 2007, 517 p.
Over 90 articles, reviews etc. Selected articles:
- African Syndrome in Soviet and Post-Soviet Political Life // St. Petersburg Journal of African studies, 1994, 3, p. 94-106. (in English).
- Political anthropology // Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology, №4, V.4, 2001, p. 37-67 (in Russian).
- Art Music in Discursive Practices of the St. Petersburg Audience // Petersburg in the Mirror of Sociology. St. Petersburg, Maxim Kovalevsky society, 2003, p. 80-116 (in Russian).
- Russian Legal Culture and “Criminal State” (Views from the Perspective of Legal Anthropology) // St. Petersburg Annual of Asia and African Studies. 2012. № 1, p. 155-166 (in English).
- Russian Legal Culture and “Criminal State” (Views from the Perspective of Legal Anthropology) (ending) // St. Petersburg Annual of Asia and African Studies. 2012. № 2, p. 94-106 (in English).
- About Cultural-Psychological Sources of Neotraditionalism in the East: Power and Taboo // Bulletin of St. Petersburg University. Asian and African Studies, 2016, 3, p. 31-46. (in Russian).
- Russian Fest-drinking Culture and Power (anthropological aspect)// Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology. 2016. T. XIX. No. 4 (87), p. 178-192. (in Russian).
- Traditionalism of the East as “Forced Solidarity” (anthropological aspect) // Power and Violence in non-Western Societies Problems of Theoretical Comprehension and Experience of Practical Study. M., 2016, p. 738-749. (in Russian).
- Charismatic Leadership and Social Solidarity in the East (anthropological aspect) // Turan. akademik ilim, 2017, №32, p. 1-6 (in Turkish).
- Youth and ageing in traditional Russian culture // Sociological research, 2017, №1, p. 159-163 (in Russian).