- Universitetskaya emb., Build. 11, Office 20
- 1998-2003 — PhD Programme in History, Faculty of Asian and African Studies, St.Petersburg State University. PhD Dissertation: «Natural Calamities and Social Stability in Late Imperial China, the 2nd half of XIX c. — the beginning of the XX c.».
- 1999-2000 — Fudan University, PRC.
- 1993-1998 — Undergraduate Programme in History, St.Petersburg State University, Specialist Diploma.
- 1985-1991 — Undergraduate Programme in Applied Mathematics, Specialist Diploma, Leningrad State Technical University.
Since 2008 — Senior Lecturer, Department of History of the Far East Countries, St.Petersburg State University.
2002-2008 — Assistant Researcher, Department of History of the Far East Countries, St.Petersburg State University.
- Russian (native),
- Chinese (fluent),
- English (fluent)
- The Modern History of China;
- The Ecological History of China
- Chinese language
- The History of China
- The Historiography of the Chinese Current History
- The Modern History of the Asian Countries
- Historical Geography of China
- The History of the Chinese Population
- Natural Calamities in the Chinese History
- Population, Climate and the Environment in the X-XII Century China // The History of China from the Ancient Times to the Beginning if the XXI Century in 10 vol., Vol. IV. Five Dynasties, Song, Liao, Jin, Xi Xia (907–1279). Moscow, 2016.
- Ethnodemographic Processes, Environment, Economic and Cultural Regions // The History of China from the Ancient Times to the Beginning if the XXI Century in 10 vol., Vol. III. Three Kingdoms, Jin, Southern and Northern dynasties, Sui, Tang (220–907). Moscow, 2014.