The XXXI International Congress on Historiography and Source Studies of Asia and Africa
The XXXI International Congress on Historiography and Source Studies of Asia and Africa: “Russia and the East. Сommemorating Centennial of Political and Cultural Ties"
The 31st biennial International Congress on Source Study and Historiography of Asian and African Countries will be held at Saint Petersburg State University from June 23, 2021 to June 25, 2021.
This Congress will be dedicated to the Centennial anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and the Middle and Far Eastern countries to be celebrated in 2020 and 2021. The main topic related presentations about the historical milestones of diplomatic relations between Russia and the countries of the East will be delivered during the sessions.
- The Book in Oriental History and Culture.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Arab Countries.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Turkey.
- Iranian and Afghan Studies.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Caucasus.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Central Asia.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Southeast Asia.
- Historiography and Source Studies of India
- Historiography and Source Studies of China.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Japan.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Korea.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Mongolia, Tibet and Buddhism.
- African Studies: “In memoriam of D.A. Olderogge”.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Ancient Near East.
- Languages of Asia and Africa.
- Literatures of Asia and Africa.
- Round table discussion: “Historiography and Source Studies of Islam in Russia”.
- Round table discussion: “Russia and the East: the current state of arcs of instability’s system”.
- Round table discussion: “Politics and traditionalism in Asian and African states”.
- Round table discussion: “The Kurdish question: history and today’s state”
- Round table discussion:” Russian emperor Peter the Great and the East (to the 350th anniversary of the birth of Peter I”
Working languages of the Conference: Russian and English.
Time limit for presentation: 30 minutes (presenting and discussion).
Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 31 January 2021.
Abstracts should not exceed 650 words and should be attached to the Registration form in MS Word 1997-2003 or .rtf format (no pdf, please!).
The Proceedings will be published prior to the Conference and distributed at the time of registration.
The Organizing Committee invites the participants to submit a longer version of their abstracts not exceeding 650 words that elaborate on the main points of the paper. Allowing some 650 words for the abstract, this approach enables the authors to provide a detailed synopsis of the paper, with the main points being discussed and major findings described in reasonable detail, with some references if necessary.
Conference fee: 100 Euro (approximately 9000 RUR).
Those who wish to participate in the Conference should fill in an on-line application form, which can be found here after November 1, 2020. Applicants will be informed on the outcome before 10 March 2021.
From 10 March, 2021 till 1 April, 2021 those participants whose papers are accepted, will be able to pay the conference fee online (the relevant link will be activated on the Congress web site after March 10, 2021).
We regret to inform you that the Organizing Committee is unable to cover your travel and accommodation costs.
You are kindly advised to check the Congress website for further information including the Congress Programme.
Should you have any query please contact the Organizing Committee of the conference
Tel./fax: (+7812) 328-77-32.
Address: Faculty of Asian and African Studies, Saint Petersburg State University; Universitetskaya emb., 11, St. Petersburg, 199034, Russia.
- Category: Conferences
- Hits: 1905