The XXXII International Congress on Historiography and Source Studies of Asia and Africa: “Russia and the East. Сommemorating 300th anniversary of Saint-Petersburg State University”
April, 26 to April, 28, 2023
The 32st biennial International Congress on Source Study and Historiography of Asian and African Countries will be held at Saint Petersburg State University from April, 26 to April, 28, 2023.
This Congress will be dedicated to the 300th anniversary of the establishment of Saint Petersburg State University, that allows to sum up the results of years of Asian and African studies, as well as to identify new perspectives of research.
- The Book in Oriental History and Culture.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Arab Countries.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Turkey.
- Iranian and Afghan Studies.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Kurds.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Caucasus and Central Asia.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Southeast Asia.
- Historiography and Source Studies of India
- Historiography and Source Studies of China.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Japan.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Korea.
- Historiography and Source Studies of Mongolia, Tibet and Buddhism.
- African Studies: “In memoriam of D.A. Olderogge”.
- Historiography and Source Studies of the Ancient Near East. Readings in memory of Dr. Hist. Sciences O.D. Berlev.
- Languages of Asia and Africa.
- Literatures of Asia and Africa.
- Workshop of young scholars in Asian and African studies
- Round table discussion: “Historiography and Source Studies of Islam in Russia”.
- Round table discussion: “Russia and the East: the current state of arcs of instability’s system”.
- Round table discussion: “Traditionalism in the modern states of Asia and Africa”.
- Round table discussion: “Intellectual history of Asia: people, destinies, ideas”
- Round table discussion:” Russian sinologists and Chinese book collections in Russian libraries”
Working languages of the Conference: Russian and English.
Time limit for presentation: 30 minutes (presenting and discussion).
Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 15 January 2023.
Abstracts should not exceed 650 words and should be attached to the Registration form in MS Word or .rtf format (no pdf, please!).
The Proceedings will be published prior to the Conference and distributed at the time of registration.
The Organizing Committee invites the participants to submit a longer version of their abstracts not exceeding 650 words that elaborate on the main points of the paper. Allowing some 650 words for the abstract, this approach enables the authors to provide a detailed synopsis of the paper, with the main points being discussed and major findings described in reasonable detail, with some references if necessary.
Conference fee: 1000 RUR.
Those who wish to participate in the Conference should fill in an on-line application form, which can be found here after November 1, 2022.
Applicants will be informed on the outcome before 15 February 2023.
From 15 February, 2023 till 15 March, 2023 those participants whose papers are accepted, will be able to pay the conference fee online (the relevant link will be activated on the Congress web site after February 15, 2023).
We regret to inform you that the Organizing Committee is unable to cover your travel and accommodation costs.
You are kindly advised to check the Congress website for further information including the Congress Programme.
Should you have any query please contact the Organizing Committee of the conference
- Tel./fax: (+7812) 328-77-32.
Faculty of Asian and African Studies, Saint Petersburg State University; Universitetskaya emb., 11, St. Petersburg, 199034, Russia.
- Category: Conferences
- Hits: 442